When dealing with your smartphone, you might have confusion regarding which one to use mobile app or a mobile website so that your business or organization’s presence can be felt in the web world. Both may look to be similar, but there are different in nature. Mobile sites are easy to create, improve their sales, cost-effective, and can be located well by clients. Mobile apps are works well for business and ensures high involvement of clients. Both of these features have their individual advantages and can be accessed on smartphone and tablets using different operating system.
Overview of these features
Mobile websites can be accessed over the internet, and it consists of HTML pages that are interlinked. Like other websites, these websites display contents, images, videos and you can also access location based mapping. A web design company designs this website so that it is compatible to handheld devices and for touch screen interface. On the other hand, you need to download and install a mobile App in your device. You can download these Apps from portals or stores dedicated to individual devices. Apps enable users’ different functions like tracking payments and managing account.
Advantages of mobile websites
A long list of advantages is attached with mobile websites. Depending on your business goal, you can choose any of these features. Advantages attached to a mobile website are
- You can instantly access information via browser and can use it across different devices.
- These websites are compatible to different devices irrespective of their operating system.
- Updating content in these sites is easy. Whether you wish to change the content or edit and publish those, all will be immediately visible.
- These sites can be accessed and shared by users across different platforms and search engines.
- The pages of these sites are displayed responding to your search, those are enlisted in different industry specific directories.
Apps fulfills your purpose
Mobile apps are popular among the users, owing to a number of reasons. There is a continuous surge in the popularity of these apps. A web design company designs these Apps to fulfill the different purposes of different users.
- If you are interested in interactive gaming, then these apps are the best option for you.
- You can use this app regularly and avail features that you can tailor as per your requirement.
- Complex calculations, reports, charts are made easy with these Apps all you need to do is feed in the data.
- Without any internet connection, you can access information with the help of these Apps.
Parameters for designing an App
Across the world enterprises, tend to design mobile apps that can help them to generate more revenue. Developing an App that actually adds value to various services to the business is a great challenge. Few important factors need to be considered while designing an App.
- It should help in integrating social media, your comments, posts, updates and users can share everything using these applications.
- Users need to have the freedom to choose different colors, fonts and customize the application as per their requirement.
- It is necessary for a web design company to make sure that the users are sought minimum information.
- As a developer and designer of these applications, you should also integrate analytics to a mobile application.
- A business app should have information that is in sync with those mentioned in the website. This is because these apps represents the businesses and promote the latter’s services and products.
Features of a website
While designing your mobile website, there are certain features that you need to consider. Those are users can easily view the contact information. Since the mobile display is small, you should make sure that the user does not have a problem in enlarging the image and view it. You need to keep the content simple so that it is legible and users can navigate through them.
Author Bio: Carl Hayden is associated with a web design company. He has developed mobile websites and apps for different enterprises. Based on few features, he has always developed user friendly applications and websites.